Tarleton State University Waco
McLennan Community College-University Center, Waco, Texas
Tarleton State University-Waco, an outreach teaching site of Tarleton State University, delivers programs serving the needs of McLennan County as a four-year partner of the University Center hosted by McLennan Community College (MCC-UC). Waco and McLennan County represent a rapidly growing population not served by a four-year public institution. In response to community need for baccalaureate and master’s level degree programs, McLennan Community College established a University Center to host four year-institutional partners to offer those degrees on the MCC campus, with Tarleton as one of the inaugural partners. Since 2002, Tarleton has expanded program offerings at this location, to include a variety of programs in Education, Counseling, Business, Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Criminal Justice, Accounting, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Social Work, and Agriculture. Programs include doctoral level course work, master’s level course work, and junior/senior level courses for baccalaureate degree completion. Baccalaureate degree completion programs are designed to build upon Associate Degree programs offered at McLennan Community College.
Students enrolling at Tarleton-Waco may choose courses and entire programs offered via a variety of delivery modes including face-to-face, blended/hybrid (face-to-face plus online), or online. Some programs may be offered in a totally online format, some blended/hybrid, and some face-to-face, while others are offered in a cohort model. Consult the programs listing for the type of delivery modes available for each program Tarleton offers through the University Center at MCC.
Tarleton-Waco has a diverse student population comprised mostly of working adults seeking master’s degrees and community college graduates, or returning-to-college students seeking baccalaureate-completion degrees. Classes are offered in the evenings, days, and weekends to accommodate both part-time and full-time students. Advisors and support staff are available to assist with admission and degree plans.
Administrative offices for Waco Programs are located at 1400 College Drive, specifically at the Michaelis Academic Center (Room 101), on the McLennan Community College campus. Classrooms are used in various building locations on the MCC Campus.
One doctoral degree program, nine graduate-level master’s degree programs, 19 undergraduate degree completion programs, and two certification options are available through our Waco outreach teaching site.
Graduate Programs include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Education, Educational Administration
- Master of Education, Counseling
- Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Science, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Science, Human Resource Management
- Master of Science, Information Systems
- Master of Science, Management and Leadership
- Ed.D. (Doctoral Program) in Educational Leadership
Undergraduate programs include:
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences, Business
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences, Manufacturing and Industrial Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Veterinary Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Technology, Health Professions Technology
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Computer Information Systems Technology
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Science, Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science, Agricultural Services and Development
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering Physics
- Bachelor of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies, Teacher Education, Mathematics Grades 4-8, Language Arts/Social Sciences Grades 4-8, Early Childhood – Grade 6 Generalist, Child and Family Studies
- Bachelor of Science, General Studies
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Work
Certification programs include:
- Superintendent Certification
- School Principal Certification
Additional information about any of these programs or our teaching locations may be obtained by personally visiting:
Tarleton State University-Waco
1400 College Drive
Michaelis Academic Center, Room 101;
or by calling (254) 299-8322 or visiting on the web at www.tarleton.edu/waco.
Admission to one of the Waco undergraduate programs requires a minimum of 30 credit hours and that a student be TSI complete. Applicants must meet the transfer admission standards for Tarleton State University. On site academic support services include advising, writing support, Math lab, and proctored testing.
Dr. Kim Rynearson, Assistant Vice President – Outreach and Off-Campus Programs
Dr. Russ Higham, Director – Waco Outreach Programs
Michaelis Academic Center, MCC-UC