Tarleton State University Waco
MCC University Center, Waco, Texas
Tarleton State University – Waco, an outreach teaching site of Tarleton State University, delivers programs serving the needs of McLennan County as a four-year partner at the University Center hosted by McLennan Community College (MCC-UC). Waco and McLennan County represent a rapidly growing population not served by a four year public institution. In response to community need for baccalaureate and master’s level degree programs, McLennan Community College established a University Center to host four year-institutional partners to offer those degrees on the MCC campus, with Tarleton as one of the inaugural partners. Since that time, Tarleton has expanded program offerings at this location, to include a variety of programs in Education, Counseling, Business, Psychology, Industrial Engineering, Criminal Justice, Accounting, Family and Consumer Sciences, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Social Work, and Agriculture. Programs include both master’s level course work, and junior/senior level courses for baccalaureate degree completion. Baccalaureate degree completion programs are designed to build upon Associate programs offered at McLennan Community College.
Students enrolling at Tarleton – Waco may choose courses and entire programs offered via a variety of delivery modes including face-to-face, blended or on-line. Some programs may be offered in a wholly on-line format, some blended and some face-to-face, while others are offered in a cohort model. Consult the programs listing for the type of delivery modes available for each program Tarleton offers through the University Center at MCC.
Tarleton – Waco has a diverse student population comprised mostly of working-adults seeking master’s degrees and community college graduates or returning students seeking baccalaureate completion degrees. Classes are offered in the evenings, days and weekends to accommodate both part-time and full-time students. Advisors and support staff are available to assist with admission and degree plans.
Administrative offices for Waco Programs are located at 1400 College Drive, in Waco at the University Center Michaelis Academic Building, on MCC campus. Classrooms are used at various locations on the MCC Campus.
Seven graduate level master’s degree programs, sixteen undergraduate degree programs and two certification options are available through our Waco outreach teaching site.
Graduate Programs include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Education, Education Administration
- Master of Education, Counseling
- Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Science, Counseling Psychology
- Master of Science, Management and Leadership
Additional graduate coursework is offered toward the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership.
Undergraduate programs include:
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences, Business
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Veterinary Technology
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Science, Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Bachelor of Science, Agricultural Services and Development
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science, Family and Consumer Sciences
- Bachelor of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies, Teacher Education, Mathematics Grades 4-8, Language Arts/Social Sciences Grades 4-8, Early Childhood – Grade 6 Generalist
- Bachelor of Science, General Studies
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Work
Certification programs include:
- Superintendent Certification
- Principal Certification
Additional information about any of these programs or our teaching locations may be obtained by visiting
Tarleton State University – Waco at the MCC-University Center
1400 College Drive
Michaelis Academic Center Room 124
or by calling (254) 299-8322
or by visiting on the web at www.tarleton.edu/waco
Admission to one of the Waco undergraduate programs requires a minimum of 30 credit hours and that a student be TSI complete. Applicants must meet the transfer admission standards for Tarleton State University. On site academic support services include advising, writing support, Math lab, and proctored testing.
Dr. Kim Rynearson, Assistant Vice President – Outreach and Off-Campus Programs
Dr. Russ Higham, Director – Waco Outreach Programs
Michaelis Academic Center, MCC-UC