College of Science & Mathematics
The mission of the College of Science and Mathematics (COSM) at Tarleton State University is to provide innovative programs of excellence in education, research, and community & professional service at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. COSM prepares highly competitive graduates as judged by the highest academic standards in the fields of science, technology, and mathematics (STEM).
The College of Science and Mathematics has three primary roles:
- to provide the opportunity for students to pursue a degree or minor in a major field of science, technology, or mathematics
- to provide the courses in mathematics and natural & physical sciences that form an essential part of the general education requirement required of all University students
- to provide supporting courses for students in other academic areas, such as education, business, engineering, health sciences, and agriculture
Degree programs available in the College of Science and Mathematics feature considerable variety at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The range includes a breadth of programs in mathematics, natural sciences, and physical sciences. The college also offers courses that provide the foundation required for health professional fields such as medicine, dentistry, optometry, veterinary, and pharmacy. The college offers master’s degrees in three areas: biology, environmental science, and mathematics.
The College of Science and Mathematics consists of:
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry, Geoscience, and Physics
- Derpartment of Mathematics