Texan Corps of Cadets
The Tarleton Corps of Cadets exemplifies the Texan values of excellence, integrity, and respect in all actions. Its members honor the traditions of both Tarleton State University and the military Services while developing tangible skills as "Leaders of Character."
Cadets are instilled with the values essential for service to our nation and are exceptionally qualified to succeed in business, government and the military. Members of the Corps can participate in any major area of study.
By joining the Corps, students:
- Accept a challenging lifestyle, both mentally and physically.
- Participate in a visible living-learning community unlike any other at Tarleton.
- Have access to ROTC scholarships and Tarleton scholarships specifically for cadets.
- Have an exclusive opportunity to obtain a minor in Leadership Studies.
- Join a rich military history and a proud tradition of excellence dating back to Tarleton's original Corps that began in 1917.
Col Mary Jo MacGregor, USMC (Ret)
LTC Joel P. Humphries USA (Ret)
Assistant Commandant for Academics
Traditions South, S143